Online backup service for data on PCs, Macs, Mobiles and Servers via an automatic (protected by encryption) service.
Backup ALL your PCs, Macs, Servers and Mobile Devices to ONE account!.
Evening Computing is a partner of IDrive Inc and an authorised reseller of their products and services.
Some of the features (assuming you accept the defaults) are:
- IDrive automatically recognizes the modified parts of file(s)/folder(s) and backs them up every 10 minutes, thus offering hands-free backup of data
- Incremental and compressed backups that significantly reduces your network bandwidth usage by transferring only modified portions of files
- Military Grade Security - 256-bit AES encryption on storage with a user defined key that is not stored anywhere on IDrive servers
- Easy options to control bandwidth usage; Auto-Pause makes intelligent guesses on pausing and resuming backup to enable optimum desktop appearances during user activity
- Scheduled backup even if system is logged off; automatic power off after completion of the job
- Supports backup of mapped and external hard drives - even if your system is logged off.
- Detailed status of backup logs via the web
- Login via any browser to your account to access backed up data, view log reports and restore data on the local system.
- IDrive retains and allows you to restore the last 30 versions of all files backed up to your account, to any location on your local computer. Better yet, your storage is computed only for the most current version; historical versions are stored free.
Online Backup for All Your PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads and Android devices into a single account.
- How many Computers, Laptops and 'Smart' Devices do you own? A typical household these days has 5 devices. You have your critical data on all of these.With IDrive, you can securely protect data on all these devices into one cloud account, for one low fee! IDrive provides the most cost effective, secure online backup solution. Most other backup services charge per computer or device.
- Backup data from multiple computers.
Install the IDrive application on an unlimited number of PCs/Macs, then sign in with the same IDrive account to backup data. IDrive will create a unique folder for each of the devices you backup to your account, preventing data overlap.
- Backup your iOS, Android devices.Get the free IDrive Online Backup app and backup your contacts, photos, videos, calendar events, and more.
What is Versioning? Does it impact the available quota (storage space in my account)?
- File versioning refers to every edited version of files, and all versions will exist simultaneously. Meanwhile, you can restore the problematic files to any previous kept version, including, corrupted or damaged files, accidentally deleted files, overwritten files. Whether for local or online backup, the more backup versions you have, the less likely your data will lose. IDrive retains up to 30 previous versions of all files backed up to your account..
- IDrive retains previous versions of all files backed up to your account. Currently you can restore 30 previous file versions, and for accounts created prior to 11-07-2018 you can restore up to 10 versions, to any location on your local computer.
- The additional storage for the previous versions has no impact on your account's quota, as your storage is calculated only for the most current version.
What is Snapshots? Why Snapshots is a great defense against ransomware?
- Cyber threats like ransomware and crypto viruses are becoming increasingly sophisticated. Encryption enabled ransomware, for instance, uses a malicious software to encrypt files locking users out of their own data. Affected users are presented with two options: either pay ransom or lose their data forever. Even after paying ransom there's no guarantee of successful data recovery. With IDrive Snapshots, make sure that you can restore versions of the backed up files, to a time prior to infection.
- Snapshots are historical view of your data, stored in IDrive account which allows you to perform point-in-time recovery. In case your files are attacked by ransomware, you can restore your data by selecting a timeline before the attack. As IDrive is cross-platform compatible you can ensure all your PCs and Macs are backed up and protected against these threats.
- The additional storage requirements for Snapshots has no impact on your account storage space.
To discuss your business requirements, please contact us on +44 (0) 7815 105782. Alternatively, please request a callback and we will be in touch ASAP.